Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sept 9: Alberguy extremo

I stayed the night at this alberguy 27km from Bilbao. Of course I failed to get a photo of it. The place was beautiful, new, and located on top of a mountain in a totally tranquil and quiet location. I loved it for that and for the fact there were only three of us there. The proprietor was tweaked though. He had this massive German Shepard that ate perigrinos for fun.  I was told as much, as he sent one perigrino to the hospital. I told my companion peregrina this. But I guess she didn't understand. She walked right up to the beast who was standing there chained to his cement dog house. As she went to pet him, the dog proceeded to tackle her. Luckily she escaped without blood drawn.
I felt bad for the dog as obviously the proprietor had raised the dog to be like this. When the owner wasn't looking, I slipped the dog a can of tuna fish in his food dish. The owner suspected as much and confiscated the dog's dish.
What was the weirdest thing was the proprietor announcing to us before bed that no one was to go outside until 7am as the dog was taken off leash until then, freely patrolling the yard. Luckily I wasn't planning on leaving until then anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment