Thursday, September 26, 2013

Sept 26: update

Yesterday I ended up going to a discount Chino (Chinese owned) discount store and buying flip flops, white T-shirt, and swim trunks all for 10Euro.  I have been walking around town waiting for all of my things to get a thorough washing. 

I think what happened to me is that in the albergue in Avilia, I got eaten up by mosquitoes. There was no ventilation again in the place. I slept on top of my sleeping bag. I literally was covered in bites wherever my skin was exposed. My body had an allergic reaction to it. The fact I spoke to a guy from Brittany who was covered in bites the same night and place, lends confidence to that explanation.

After taking the antihistamine and topical cream, my swelling has receded. I will try to get back on the trail tomorrow, taking a train back to where I left off. Two days rest is good for me anyway. 

1 comment:

  1. nice selfie! those bug bites sound awful. are you sure it wasn't bed bugs??!!

    ReplyDelete