Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec 15: my room' s view

The view is incredible!

Last night was challenging.  I noticed that the room had openings everwhere for the mosquito to fly in. I saw a dead mosquito corpse smashed against the wall.  Plus the town has a reputation for them. So I asked the front desk for a mosquito net for the bed. They told me that they have them but preferred not to give me one 'because the nets smell and needed to be cleaned.' The front desk suggested I turn the AC on in the room because 'I then wouldn't HEAR the mosquitos buzzing.' The fact that they even wanted me to turn the AC on in a thatch hut with wide openings everwhere was bizzare. The front desk promised me there weren't many mosquitoes to worry over.

Then came the night.  I woke up at midnight scratching with bites all over my feet. I proceeded to take out a bottle of Deet bottled in Ecuador.  I tried to squeeze it through the opening until half the bottle ended up splashing all over me creating a toxic mess. It was much like a catchup experience. I then had to shower. I slept all of me under the covers with a little hole to breath thru.

I think the mosquito factor is enough to kill this place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment