Thursday, December 26, 2013

Dec 26: update

I was supposed to have Spanish class today but my teacher had other priorities.  On the 24th we did a 'field trip' to fix his car. That was kind of fun as it was totally ad hoc figuring out what to do next. We thought we had the car fixed. But it wasn't.  So today my teacher wanted to spend the school time dealing with his car again. I told him I wasn't interested to pay him to fix his car again (eg Spanish lesson time). The culture here is big time 'mañana.' Of course the other way to say the same thing is that Americans are uptight.

I ended up paying for a massage because my neck continues to bother me. While it was half the price compared to the US, the quality was questionable at best.  The masseuse insisted she massage the whole body (my legs and butt)when I just wanted her to focus on my neck. At one point the little woman jumped on my back and tried to rip my head off. I am sure she thought it was some kind of therapy. Then she tried to get me to come in tomorrow.  I told her I would let her know if i want another after this massage sinks in. I guess I didn't want to hurt her feelings.  I am going to try for some yoga stretching as the massage thing can add up and is questionably effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment