Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Update

I made it from Holywell to P...(see pic). It was another 8 hour day on the trail. Yep, I am sore again. I bagged on the camping idea because a storm is crossing through this afternoon and evening. The winds have been howling and i got hit by a few squalls. I thought it wise not to challenge my ultralight tent given the reviews mention heavy weather as an issue for the tent. I found a place called the Beach Hotel. Lunch consisted of Atlantic farm raised salmon smoked in chili sauce, wheat crackers and cheddar cheese (a British favorite). 

I finally figured out the scoop on Holywell's name as I was leaving. Originally I thought it was Hollywel. It turns out the nuns I stayed with are in charge of this church that sits over this well which is suppose to have curative powers. Thus Holywell.

No comments:

Post a Comment