Monday, August 19, 2013

Update: Sunday

I made it from Prestatyn to Cowyn Bay. Today will be a rest day. Perhaps do some laundry etc. The further west I get, the better for scenic beauty. Prestatyn and Rewh were disappointments from my expectations. The two towns turned out to be low budget depressed coastal towns. I tried to rent a room in Rewh from the '#1 rated hotel voted', The Marlborough Hotel. In the room there were flies everywhere, visible stains on the bed cover, a stench in the room and dirty. Basically it was a s* hole. I was so exhausted from my journey, that I didn't even try to get my money back. I just left. Perhaps I should have known from the price, that it was cheaper than the convent. Or maybe the fact the guy who took my money was half dressed with his shirt hanging out and missing most of his teeth. Maybe I should have guessed when he asked me if I was from the 'good' part of the U.S.A. where they know how to treat their blacks, where " the dogs eat better than the blacks." I made some political answer such as "depends what your values are."  He probably figured me for one of those Elitest Liberal Intellectuals. As I handed the keys back to his wife, thanking her for my couple minutes there, I told her I could still squeeze some daylight out on my trek. I proceeded to walk another 11 miles to Cowyn Bay. It is much nicer here!

No comments:

Post a Comment