Saturday, August 17, 2013

Hot Spot on Foot! (Pic A)

Studying the blogs, I learned the wisdom to pull over as soon as a hot spot develops on the foot. It is an unmistakable localized burning sensation. These spots can become blisters which can absolutely suck. It could even mean downtime on the trail.

The pic shows a roll of tape given to me by my previous manager Carrie Plemons. She gave me her whole first aid kit from doing long distance walking last year. I am indebted both to her kindness and for this roll of tape. I swear by it as it serves as a second layer of skin on these hot spots. As a result I have missed many a blister because of it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt!

    Hope the trail is treating you well...tried to type comment earlier and it failed (I think).

    Sorry to hear about the dreaded hot spot but glad you were prepared! Hope it all works for you!

    Enjoying all of the posts!

    Cheers!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete