Sunday, August 11, 2013

Glasgow Scotland!

After 16 hours and stops in Denver and Kefleck Iceland (and no sleep), I have made it to Glasgow! The customs guy I happened to spend 20minutes with justifying to him how I really do intend to leave Scotland at some point and have the funds to sustain myself as well while here. I get the sense they don't want people hanging around and being a financial burden. The customs guy was pretty nice about the whole thing given my non definitive approach to being in the UK.
The Icelandic flights were in new 757s. Great service and great value for travel to Europe.
My initial impression of Kefleçk airport was having walked into an IKEA store. I said as much to a Norwegian person I had met, who promptly informed me that all of Europe is like being in an IKEA store.

I hope to spend the next couple of days acclimating to the time change, staying in an IKEA like hotel in Glasgow.

2 comments:

  1. Really exciting to follow your whereabouts. I'm traveling vicariously and midge free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your "explorer" nature. You always did like a good adventure. This is a big one!

      Delete