Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12: Carlos#1

After having a bizarre dream last night about dealing with a thief that somehow lead to my realization I should check the reply function on my email, I decided to head out in the big city of Zafra to find a computer to create another account. As I passed by this computer store, the owner came out to see what help he could be. I told him I needed a locotario and if he knew where one was. A locotario is a Spanish small business that specializes in providing computers and phones by the minute. He offered me to use his high end computer, a center piece in his highend boutique store. During the exchange, he offered that his employee (Carlos in the photo) filled my water bottle four days back. Indeed, I recalled struggling in the heat afew days back and was running low on water. I asked if a faucet was pottable, and Carlos along with 10 other young Spaniards offered up their bottle water. Another example of the magic of kindness and why I love the Camino! Somehow that inspired the owner, Carlos #2, to go out of his way to be helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment