Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9: update

Still no luck uploading photos.  Once I get to Ourense in a week, I can find a locotario where I can rent a computer.  I will probably need to start another blog page.

Meanwhile, I have been walking for the last five days since Zamora. I arrived in Puebla de Sanabria today.  The Via de la Plata splits 40km north of Zamora.  I could either continue north to Astorga where the Camino Frances is, then take the Camino Frances to Santiago;  or, I could take the Via de Sanabria which is really the traditional way to go. The Via de Sanabria goes east northeast, and comes close to the top of Portugal.  It has been an absolutely gorgeous route to walk. Tge terrain is more mountainous as I approach the province of Galicia. Galicia is very mountainous,  a lot like the Oregon Cascades.

I  had hope to reach Santiago by June 16, the night USA plays Ghana in soccer.  But I don't think I will make it. Hopefully I can find a bar that has the game.

1 comment:

  1. Matt--
    The updates are good to see. Drop me an email when you can. It's khelmich (at) gmail. Since you started walking all over, I've had some good hikes to share. I also have an eight day paddle trip coming up. Thinking about tour de Mont Blanc in 2016 or so. Good luck on the pilgrimage. --Kevin

    ReplyDelete