Saturday, June 7, 2014

Jun 7: update

I am having problems uploading photos lately. I don't know what the issue is.

I spent three days in Zamora resting my feet because of blisters.  I have been on the road the last three days trying to manage the blister issue. I bought two pairs of shoes in Zamora to replace the running shoes I had. The main challenge in getting the shoes was finding a size large  enough to fit me. Evidently Spaniards don't usually wear size 13 US.

So one pair I had to order through the mail within Spain.  That was a pair of Keens Newport H2 sandal that I could only find in size 12. The other pair is a size 13  Addidas hiking boot. Unfortunately it seems to run small. It is an experiment to see which is the better shoe. It is challenging to change to new shoes in the middle of the hiking 20miles a day too. Procuring the shoes took up most of my time in Zamora.  Seriously, it is not easy to do like in the USA.

I also had a bedbug run-in a week ago. I called the bar that ran the albergue that they might want to check out their beds. Plus I called the albergue the stage before Morille so that they could give a heads up to the pilgrims. Oh...life on the road for the pilgrim!

No comments:

Post a Comment