Friday, June 13, 2014

June 13: Ourense

I made it to Ourense.  Basically it was mountains the entire way from Puebla de Sanabria.  The ascents were 2000-2500 ft is my guestament. I had to do one 'overdo it' walk. That was 14.5 hours from Puebla de Sanabria to A Gudina,  about 56km. I stumbled into Gudina about 9pm absolutely exhausted.  The challenge for me is doing the 56k  and then weathering the aftermath.  I am still trying to manage the second part. I managed to do 36km to Laza, 34km to some town thats name starts with an X (Xumquiera do Ambria?)and then 22km to Ourense.  This is while enduring a heat wave here. I am 100km plus away from Santiago as the area here bakes. The flies are all hatching in the heat, especially here which is a traditionally moist climate like Oregon.  The humidity index is at 90% which forces up the temp (heat index) from 90degrees to over 100degrees plus.

I have some decent photos which I will post once in Santiago.

No comments:

Post a Comment