Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct 22: update

I walked from Badasslona to Barcelona and back, a friggen 12 hour Odyssey.  It was highlighted by some fellow pergrinos seeing my shell on my bag and in effect saving my butt from some sketchy area of Badasslona. So once again the inner sanctum of peregrinoness comes to the forefront!

I ended up seeing the outside of the Sagurda Familia with a two hour line outside and then walking up to Guell Park; another Gaudi highlight.  I am returning to the church tomorrow with a ticket in hand to go inside. When looking at the structure,  I don't see a church.  I see absolute genius expressed in its nakedness and clear brilliance.  There is no conformity in Gaudi's art. It truly is his Passion that he spent more than half his life trying to get off the ground.  It is even more impressive that any financial help comes from private individuals who basically support his vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment