Saturday, January 11, 2014

Jan 11: update

I found a really nice apartment flat for $120 a month.  The problem is that I would have to provide the bed, sheets and hotplate. It is funny to hear Americans say that you can get by here on $1200 a month.  I could eat out every night well for $2.25 and add a $1 for four mangoes for the rest of the day; I could spend under $100 on food a month.  Throw in $80 for beer (eg incidentals), and total all in cost is around $300 a month!  I doubt there is another place in the world that I could live so well especially with all Cuenca has to offer.

Today's New York Times ranked Ecuador the 7th best place in the world to visit. Then again the NYT ranked my brother Rob's home of Downtown LA the 4th best. To be honest, I was scared sh*^less walking around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment